Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pot Pie

Chicken Pot Pie is one of my favorite meals!  It is just great comfort food.  Taste of Home had this simple recipe for a cheesy biscuit-topped pie and I fell in love.


Ingredients:
 Shopping List:
4 cups chicken, cooked, cubed
10 oz. package frozen broccoli with cheese sauce, thawed
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can potatoes, drained
3/4 cup chicken broth
2/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup frozen peas ( i used mixed veggies)
1/4 tsp. pepper

Topping:
1 biscuit mix package
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Water (amount suggested on package)

Directions:
-In a large pan, combine the first 9 ingredients; bring to a boil. Transfer to a greased 9x13 in baking dish.
-In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients; spoon over the top.  Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden brown.  Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.


Into the Oven

All Done!


My giant piece!


If you noticed, I used an 8x8 instead of a larger pan.  We would have to feed an army if we made an entire pan, so I just halved the ingredients and used a smaller pan.  I did not halve the ingredients for the topping.  I like lots of biscuit with my pot pie so I just used the regular amount!

Let me know what you think!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment