Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Crabcakes!

Yet another recipe from the good ole Taste of Home. I'm going to start out by saying that I did not like these crabcakes ( and I'm a seafood junkie!). The husband, however, loved them.  Guess it will be up to you to decide.

And PS... Have you noticed my awesome counter tops yet? The retro aqua is coming back, really... right??? Probably not so much, but it is what I have to work with. If anyone would like to start a fund for 'Get the Rusks a new Kitchen' I would gladly accept. :)

Crabcake Ingredients
 Sauce Ingredients (this part was tasty)

Shopping List:
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup mayo
1 tsp. grated onion
1/2 tsp. minced parsley
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire
1/4 tsp. seafood seasoning
1/8 tsp. ground mustard
Dash pepper
1 can lump crab meat, drained and flaked ( I actually used two)
1 Tbsp. oil

Sauce:
2 Tbsp. mayo
2 Tbsp. sour cream
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire

Directions:
-In a small bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients; fold in the crab. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.  Meanwhile, mix sauce ingredients together.
-In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Drop crab mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into the pan; cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with sauce.

Crab Mix

Cookin the cakes!
 
The sauce.

Like I said, I wasn't really a fan of this one.  I think maybe it was the texture for me? Feel free to use this recipe as a base for your own and let me know how it comes out!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment